[Ardour-Users] Ardour froze, then started crashing

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Fri Nov 14 11:20:41 PST 2008

On 14 November 2008 at 18:42, John Rigg <au at sound-man.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 08:08:04AM -0800, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> > I'm running ardour 2.6.1, jack 0.109.2, and qjackctl 0.2.21.  Let me
> > know if you want any more version numbers.
>
> Isn't there a known instability problem with jack 0.109.2?

I'm clueless about that.

> 0.103 (which I use here) is stable, and current svn is fixed
> AFAIK (although I haven't had time to try it yet).

0.103?  Isn't that _very_ old?  At one point I needed a newer version
of jack.  It's been a year or more since then, and I don't remember
what ability I needed in the new version.  I just grabbed the SVN.
That might fix the jack disconnection issue.  But, I'm still not sure
what to do about the ardour instability on the project that I had to
terminate.

Thanks....

--
Kevin