[Ardour-Users] Ardour froze, then started crashing

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Fri Nov 14 08:08:04 PST 2008

I was exporting a region when a message popped up saying that ardour
couldn't connect with jack anymore.  At this point ardour froze.  I
couldn't cancel the export, nor get any other response from ardour.
I had to kill ardour from command-line.

Using qjackctl I stopped and restarted jack.  Then I tried to restart
ardour.  Ardour allowed me to select the song I was working on, but
then it never made it passed one (I for get which) of it's splash
messages.  Again, I had to kill ardour.

Next I stopped jack with qjackctl and exited qjackctl.  I noticed
that jackd was still running, so I killed that.  Then I restarted
qjackctl, started jackd with that, and started ardour.  At this point
ardour would run.  But, it crashed on me 3 times doing simple things
like keyboard shortcut "p" to move the playhead.

Did I corrupt my ardour file by killing ardour?

I'm running ardour 2.6.1, jack 0.109.2, and qjackctl 0.2.21.  Let me
know if you want any more version numbers.

Thanks in advance for any comments or advice....

--
Kevin