[Ardour-Users] embedded ogg/mp3

Wendy Van Wynsberghe wendy at constantvzw.com
Tue Nov 11 08:50:20 PST 2008

hello gentlemen,

Nice timing.
I have just recorded a fine interview on a zoom h2, in mp3 quality,
because my sd card was almost full, and now to get it into ardour I do
have to go through some twists

I use the gnome soundconvertor to convert to wav -> then I need to
convert again to 48000hz , because with my internal soundcard, jack
refuses 44100 samplerate  :-/
(which I do in Ardour itself)

So, I was curious about your attached script, patrick, but it is a bin
-> what to do with it?
run it in a terminal? stick it into a certain folder? is it for linux?
(i know ffmpeg should do this in a jiffy, but I have no time to rtfm :-))

greetz

wendy

(note: don't get lost into the forrest of compression is good/bad ->
there is no easy way out!