[Ardour-Users] embedded ogg/mp3

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Nov 11 07:44:59 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 15:32 +0000, Jamie McLaughlin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got to say, there are things I'd much rather see in Ardour than
> direct loading of compressed files. What on earth is wrong with
> converting to wav yourself before you import?

we'd just make ardour do this for you. i.e. you can import but not embed
psycho-acoustically compressed audio. i believe FLAC is a different
case, because the compression technique works in a fundamentally
different way. if i'm wrong, somebody please correct me and i'll add
FLAC to the "import only" list.