[Ardour-Users] Mac recommendations

Paul Winkler slinkp at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 06:57:33 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 06:25:49PM +0000, Matt Savigear wrote:
> ... I might try the SVN release this evening and see
> where I can get. I have avoided it so far because I am using Gentoo so
> the release version of jack always gets pulled into the package
> dependencies.

You can prevent that by adding a line to /usr/portage/package.provided
like this:

media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit-0.109.2-r2

... or whatever version portage is trying to install.

That essentially means "Don't try to install this version of jack,
I've already taken care of it manually."

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com