[Ardour-Users] Mac recommendations

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 15:42:50 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Arnold Krille <arnold at arnoldarts.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 6. November 2008 schrieb Matt Savigear:
>> I think it might well be jack, what usually happens is jack stalls and
>> Ardour disconnects. I might try the SVN release this evening and see
>> where I can get. I have avoided it so far because I am using Gentoo so
>> the release version of jack always gets pulled into the package
>> dependencies.
>
> Sidenote: I was fond of gentoo for many years. But that has changed in the
> last six months. Something is going on there and its not good for the system.
> I managed to successfully switch my desktop to (k)ubuntu and will do the same
> with my laptop soon.
>
> Have fun,
>
> Arnold

As a LONG time Gentoo user - now almost 9 years on one machine - I'm
so sorry to hear this, but I concur. There really seems to be a number
of fundamental problems with the platform these day. Not so much with
the software itself, but rather with the mentality of the people
making decisions about Gentoo that effect our day-to-day lives.

I'm sorry to see you go. I was sorry to see Geoff go. I will likely
one day soon be sorry to see myself go.

Cheers,
Mark