[Ardour-Users] ardour 2.6.1 install question // linux ubuntu

Jonathan Stowe jns at its-going-to-be-fabulous.com
Fri Nov 7 05:49:47 PST 2008

2008/11/7 Jaan Pullerits <suva at surnuaed.ee>:
> Hey!
>
>> I just installed the 64 bits -rt kernel on 8.10, it just became avaiable
>> or you are mistaken?
>
> I think it came from Universe, thus unsupported and doesn't work with
> all ubuntu binary drivers and stuff like that.

As I understand it there is a problem with the 8.10 RT kernel and SMP
(multi core included) processors -  'dist-upgrade' installed the -rt
kernel for me but it was basically unuseable.  If you find yourself in
this position then the previous kernels should still be there and grub
will allow you to select an older RT kernel that worked; I haven't
found any problems with running it like thiis.