[Ardour-Users] ardour 2.6.1 install question // linux ubuntu

jk at jasonkahn.net jk at jasonkahn.net
Fri Nov 7 02:47:33 PST 2008

hello
i am trying to upgrade to ardour 2.6.1 from v. 2.5.
my only problem is with the libasound2-dev library, which i can?t
install as it requires libasound2 library v. 1.0.16-2ubuntu1, which is
actually part of the ubuntu unstable ?intrepid? package. i am
currently running ubuntu ?hardy? (8.04).
my question: has anyone successfully installed ardour 2.6.1 on ubuntu 8.04?
i ask, as i will also need to install a new version of libc6, which
seems like something pretty central to the rest of the operating
system. i just don?t want to get into any system-wide conflicts for
this update.
thanks in advance for any help!