[Ardour-Users] OS-X options

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Nov 4 23:30:50 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 23:01 -0800, Josh Parmenter wrote:

> So - I would suggest
> update to 10.4
> use native
> get a three button mouse.

what Josh said, except that he missed out the "install JACK" step.

for SAE, we do prepare an app bundle that includes JACK, but we are not
likely to do this for the public release for a variety of reasons. it
can be best expressed like this: by bundling JACK, the very next thing
the user will probably ask for becomes more difficult for them to do. i
am tired of having to first explain to disbelieving OS X users what JACK
is and why it is so powerful and useful, or alternatively having to
explain to those who used a bundled JACK why they have to unbundle it to
do something that they now think is obvious.

although the IRC channel mentions it, let me reinforce the message it
offers by pointing to

	http://ardour.org/first_time_osx_native

as mandatory reading

--p