[Ardour-Users] Ardour 2.4.1 eating my CPU:-(

J M Needham J.M.Needham at bath.ac.uk
Thu May 22 02:18:28 PDT 2008

Hi,

On my toshiba laptop with  Intel-HDA soundcard, 2G of ram and dual core
2.8GHz Intel proccessor running Ubuntu Hardy Heron, realtime kernel
2.6.24.17 [breathe] I built 2.4.1 from source.

Very impressed with the interface and functionality. The only problem is
that just sitting there it's eating %74 of my CPU, and I have discovered
that this ain't natural.

I compiled it only with the FREESOUND=1 option, and it seemed to go well.
(I could attach the output on a second build if that helps. I don't have
my latop with me at the moment) but are there any special options I should
have included?

Hope you have patience with this.

Jonty