[Ardour-Users] subscription support down, your ideas sought

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Tue May 13 22:10:05 PDT 2008

On 13 May 2008 at 14:58, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> IIRC, my articles for LJ and O'Reilly revert to my possession after a
> certain time.

Hmm, I wonder if the article I wrote for LJ in 1997 would revert to
my possession by now?

> However, anything I've written about Ardour is too
> outdated for reprinting.

"Blame" that on those "pesky developers" who keep adding features and
fixing bugs.

> I'd prefer to write a new one. So which
> publications (on-line and hard-copy) are the most important targets ?

I really think we should approach "Recording".  You can find them here
http://www.recordingmag.com/index.html  They frequently cover things
one can do with a DAW, and they'll cover all the most popular
commercial DAWs in one article on a particular recording or editing
topic.

"Pro Audio Review" has covered Audacity at one point, but they don't
normally deal with DAW software.

I have musician friends who subscribe to "Keyboard" and also to
"Electronic Musician".  They say really good things about both
magazines, but I haven't found them terribly useful, being a drummer.

Cheers....

--
Kevin