[Ardour-Users] subscription support down, your ideas sought

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Tue May 13 15:01:18 PDT 2008

Dang reply-all... Sorry about the duplicate Justin et al.

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Justin M. Streiner <
streiner at cluebyfour.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 May 2008, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>  Ardour subscription support fell by nearly 20% last month. Out of the
> > thousands of downloaders, just 117 people were subscribing during April,
> > and only another 5-10 people made one-time donations.
> >

> An idea how many of those were people who cancelled their subscription,
> compared to people whose 12-month subscription run ended and they just
> didn't renew?

That was my first thought as well, I am wondering how many of those were
subscribers that their 12 month subscription ran out?  I know this is the
case with me at the moment, unfortuanatly I have hit a slump in paycheck
time where every dollar really will make a difference for a few more months,
but once we get a steady paycheck coming in again I will be renewing my
subscription of course.  But I don't know how many others just didn't renew
from lack of knowledge.  I agree I got a couple of low key emails,s o I
don't see it being a readily availiable problem, just a possibility.

Starting up a series of tutorials is a very good idea to me.  If I can find
a good method of recording screencasts on Mac or Linux I may do so myself if
I can get some free time, but don't depend on that at this point just
because of my schedule.

Afraid I don't have to many suggestions at this point however.

      Seablade