[Ardour-Users] can't get output from bus

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Sat Mar 22 04:21:14 PDT 2008

Hi,

I get some very some strange behaviour from a session, I used in
concerts for a couple of times but now seems to be broken.

I can't seem to get output from a bus. Its a mono bus getting input
from a track and outputting it to alsa. There are no
inserts,sends,plugins whatsoever on the bus. Outputting the track
directly to alsa works fine and the bus's vu shows the signal when its
recording button is selected. But switching the vu display mode from
"input" to "pre" or "post" makes the signal disappear. (the fader is
up, but to my knowledge there should be a signal display anyway if the
vu is switched to "pre").

BTW version is ardour 2.1 (built from revision 2496).

Is there something I missed or misunderstood? As I say, I used the
same session before and it worked although it was a bit anoying I had
to put the buses to "record" in order to hear output. But now even
that seems to be broken.

Yours,
Orm