[Ardour-Users] ardour 2.3.1 layering of regions

Christian Schumann schumann at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Mar 4 13:12:49 PST 2008

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 10:04:06PM +0100, Christian Schumann wrote:
> since quite some time I'm having troubles working with overlapping
> regions in ardour (the problem desribes persists in 2.3).
>
> Whenever I select an action on a region from the context menu, the
> action is performed on a different region than the one selected. I am
> also not able to change the layering of regions, e.g. moving a region to
> the top.
> Am I missing out on some changes in the interface, or am I supposed to
> delete some files from .ardour? Or could this be a real bug?
Damn! I found it the (partial) solution in the options->layering menu
and am now able to change the layering of my regions. I should search
more thoroughly before writing such stuff. I'm not quite sure if this
has solved the other problem. I will evaluate this the coming weekend.

But another thing that bugged my mind: When I'm recording via punch
in/out, I get very short regions at the beginning of the active track.
Is there any way to circumvent this?

Regards
Christian

Dipl.-Phys. Christian Schumann   |Technische Universitaet Kaiserslautern
Mail: schumann at physik.uni-kl.de  |           Fachbereich Physik
Tel.: 0631/205-4842 (Office)     |     http://www.physik.uni-kl.de
Tel.: 0631/205-4843 (Lab)        |
Fax.: 0631/205-3902              |
Post: Erwin-Schroedinger-Strasse, D-67663 Kaiserslautern