[Ardour-Users] delay matching (aka time alignment)

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Sat Mar 1 00:43:12 PST 2008

I'm recording a drum kit and I'd like to equalize the delay from
a sound source to the mics; i.e. time align the mics.  When I'm
zoomed in considerably, so that 00:01:00:15 is at the left edge
of the editor area and 00:01:00:16 is at the right edge of the
editor area, then tics 0 to 100 in between those timecodes are
visible.  It looks like my mic time alignment is off by 5-8 tics.
I _could_ slide the tracks around to make them line up.  But, I'd
have to do that repeatedly, each time after I record.  I'd rather
set up a delay so that the outputs of all those tracks arrive at
their combined output buss at the same time.  Is there a good way
to do this?  If so, what's the best way(s)?

Thanks...

--
Kevin