[Ardour-Users] Xrun of Death? + converting old files

Michael Sullivan garuda at wi.rr.com
Sat Jun 7 10:05:24 PDT 2008

Hi - I just upgraded from a system with a very old (pre 1.0) version of
Ardour .    Is there any way to convert the old projects I have?  or is
the best possibility to render each track and import them like that?

also, on a new project  that I started, all of a sudden (after saving a
preset) the output  stopped....  I can't find anything wrong with the
inputs or outputs - the meters are moving on the individual tracks but
nothing is getting to the master.  Why would something work one minute
and then stop, seemingly by performing an unrelated action?  Or is there
such a thing as the Xrun of Death?

Other projects open and play fine, with similar ins and outs....