[Ardour-Users] export automation

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Tue Jun 3 09:22:54 PDT 2008

     I. On dt, 2008-06-03 at 15:51 +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering how I could best use ardour as automation-sequencer and
> feed some external apps with information from ardour.
>
> ok, MIDI could do it: jack-midi would even do it in real-time and could
> compensate for latencies..
> In my case latency and jitter are not a big issue, I'm connecting to OSC..
>
> Before looking at MIDI->OSC translation I was thinking to "just insert"
> a LV2 plugin into ardour that can send OSC - But I could not get the
> "OSC print" plugin to initialize/load in ardour3-svn3429 and I'm not
> sure if it will even do what I need: send OSC messages when an
> automation value changes during playback.
>
> What would be the recommended way to go?
>  - try harder with LV2 - any hints or success stories?
>  - go Midi
>  - quickNdirty grep(TM) data from the .ardour session file
>    and use /any/ OSC sequencer.. LOL.  I like the ardour timeline,
>    but I'm open to suggestions if there's more dedicated software.
>  - ??
>
> It's for a one time installation project so I'm not going to spend hours
> with it,.. but maybe the concept can be reused.

I brought up a similar question at ardour-dev some weeks ago, and
somebody came up with the "osc in" and "osc out" ladspa plugins by
Justin Smith, which I believe covers my needs (though have not test it
yet)

http://code.google.com/p/noisesmith-linux-audio/downloads/detail?name=ladosc.tar.bz2&can=2&q=

Pau