[Ardour-Users] What does the red stuff in this screenshot mean?

Axel Müller axel-mueller-74 at web.de
Mon Jun 2 12:15:57 PDT 2008

Hi.

Am Mon, 02 Jun 2008 17:53:14 +0100 schrieb John Rigg:

>> > http://blomma.ladjo.ath.cx:3030/open/screen_rectified.png
>> > http://blomma.ladjo.ath.cx:3030/open/screen_traditional.png
>>
>> Yeah, you have a relatively major DC offset in your signal. That's why
>> the rectified waveform view fails.
>
> Either that or it's just an asymmetrical waveform, eg. anything with a
> lot of even harmonics in it. It's hard to tell without zooming in far
> enough to see the actual waveform.

Looking at parts of the waveform with lower amplitude it really looks
more like an asymmetrical signal. But the rectified view seems a bit
buggy anyway. I didn't notice these non clipping red marks in my projects
yet but I noticed the following when zooming in very close:

http://cla.homeunix.net/ardour/test-02-Ardour-cut.png