[Ardour-Users] ardour does not launch

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Wed Jul 30 12:26:21 PDT 2008

fabads:

> I am going into /local/home1/Soft/usr/local/bin to launch the
> application (do not ask me why Scons wants to install Ardour here,
> I do not understand, maybe an environment variable I've set !) and
> start launching. Here the result :

Hi fabads. In order to avoid the path quirks you can run the ardev
script (in gtk2_ardour of your build dir). No need to install with
this one.

> [root at pcbox01 bin]# ./ardour2

There's no good reason for doing this as root. You need to setup your
user's privileges (via entries in /etc/security/limits.conf) so that
user can run jackd with realtime scheduling rights and run jackd
clients that need to share these rights.

Oh, and about the 64bit trouble you ran into: Don't know what went
wrong with your build or install. Someone will.

Wolfgang