[Ardour-Users] 2.5 crash: event pool out of memory

Matt Savigear mcs_ardour at savigear.com
Sun Jul 13 04:53:46 PDT 2008

Right,

I now have 2.5 up and running with a functioning jack (as long as I
don't use the "seq" midi driver which totally destroys my playback for
some reason). Unfortunately, I get a crash whenever I try to do
something with the transport after opening a previous session (it seems
to be ok on a new session). I get an error dialog:

"critical: event pool out of memory - recompile with larger size!!"

Once I hit "ok" ardour closes, leaving me with the following message on
the command line (note that this only appears after the close, so I'm
not sure it's related to the actual error so much as the post-crash
cleanup):

GThread-ERROR **: file gthread-posix.c: line 171
(g_mutex_free_posix_impl): error 'Device or resource busy' during
'pthread_mutex_destroy ((pthread_mutex_t *) mutex)'
aborting...

This looks like Mantis bug 2245 but that's for an old Ardour version and
there's been no attention to it since May. It doesn't seem related to
bug 736 as that is _really_ old and I only have one track in my session.

Any help would be appreciated - my wife will be rather upset that the
setup is broken...

--
Cheers,

Matt.