[Ardour-Users] plugin ideas

John Rigg au at sound-man.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 09:53:12 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 07:41:57AM -0300, Renato Fabbri wrote:
> GUI implementations are really missing as LADSPA standard didn't permit
> fancy GUIs. So this is something to start changing :o)

I never used plugins (preferring to use outboard hardware)
until I discovered the nice, plain LADSPA plugins with their
easily adjustable sliders.

I think a lot of proprietary plugin vendors fail to appreciate that a
fancy picture of a control panel is much less useful than the real
thing. If a plugin only allows a parameter to be adjusted by turning
a picture of a knob with a mouse, for example, it is useless for real
work IMO.

I think it's also important to ensure that any additional "eye candy"
doesn't cause a significant increase in system load.

John