[Ardour-Users] Motherboard hints and tips?

Brett Clark brett.clark at zirous.com
Thu Jan 31 08:44:47 PST 2008

>> system sounding like a vacuum cleaner, ... Don't blame it on
>> the processor.

Ive built several of my own computers and i have to say that the
processor itself makes no noise.  In my experience, most (all???) of the
noise is from the moving components like the power supply cooling
fan, system cooling fans, and even the chipset and CPU cooling fans.
If you use 3 of the $2.50 system cooling fans, then its going to sound like
a 727 during takeoff.  I recommend spending the extra money on the variable
speed fans.  They may cost $20 - $30 dollars, but they will be much quieter.
Same with the CPU cooling fan.  The one that comes boxed with the CPU
is probably the cheapest one that they could come up with.

--Brett