[Ardour-Users] Motherboard hints and tips?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Thu Jan 31 08:12:49 PST 2008

On 31 January 2008 at 9:25, Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> wrote:

> +1, I had a bad MSI too, years ago. I will also never touch a PCChips
> board again. Cheap stuff is cheap for a reason. After that I had a
> Soyo that seemed good until it spontaneously let out the blue smoke on
> a hot summer day.  Since then I've been happy with Tyan boards,
> although they're a bit pricey.  My current one is almost 2 years old
> with no problems; its predecessor worked like a champ for 3 years
> until the day I took it out to upgrade. And I've never had any of
> these mysterious problems with bad latency or CPU usage.

My Tyan Tomcat K8E S2865G2NR works very well.  Oh, and in spite of
the OP comment about their Athlon system sounding like a vacuum
cleaner, this system is very quiet.  There are florescent lights in
the room, and they are louder than the computer.  Don't blame it on
the processor.  There are a lot of things that need to go right to
make a computer quiet.  See other threads for discussions on that.

Cheers...

--
Kevin