[Ardour-Users] Jack crash while recording with Ardour

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Fri Jan 25 17:14:08 PST 2008

Folks,

  First time I hit a jack crash.  I guess I had it coming.  I was
recording a percussion track from a MIDI percussion controller, the
third track in an Ardour project on a AMD dual core with 4GB of RAM
when jack stopped working dead in the track.

  There were a few tell-tale signs as the sound started to become
choppy.

  Well, did I mention that the machine was also batch-compiling a
complete Linux system from scratch at the same time in a VmWare virtual
machine running Fedora 8 ?

Cheers,

Al