[Ardour-Users] Linux Drivers for RME HDSPe AIO ?

Maluvia maluvia at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 07:37:22 PST 2008

I just found an alternative to the Fireface for notebooks that I'm
really excited about:
Magma makes external enclosures for PCI and PCI Express cards which
look really promising.
The PCI enclosures use a CardBus host with SCSI-type cable, while the
PCIe enclosures use an ExpressCard host with a fiber optic cable, and
are rack mountable.
(They're also less expensive than the PCI enclosures)

http://www.magma.com/products/pciexpress/index.html

As RME is about to release their new HDSPe AIO, (the PCIe upgrade to
our current 9632s), this leads to my question:
Is there any advance word about whether RME will allow open source
drivers for this interface?
Would they be the same as for the HDSP PCI family?

- Maluvia

--
http://www.andromedarising.com