[Ardour-Users] Fireface

Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale Arnaud.Gomes at ircam.fr
Fri Jan 11 12:39:58 PST 2008

Hi,

Maluvia <maluvia at gmail.com> writes:

> I would just like to know if anyone on this list is using the Fireface
> with Ardour on the MacIntosh platform, and how it is working out for
> them - any problems, or warnings, etc.

I used a fireface 800 once, recorded a four hour long concert with it,
that is 18 tracks at 44.1 kHz, 32 bits. I was using a 1.5 GHz
powerbook G4, no real problem except it was unable to generate
waveforms in real time, I guess a couple more tracks would have been
too many. I don't have any experience with Intel macs though, so I
can't tell anything about using newer hardware.

--
Arnaud