[Ardour-Users] EQ plugin recommendations?

Steve Fosdick lists at pelvoux.nildram.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 22:20:46 PST 2008

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 08:14:01 -0500
Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com> wrote:

> There are a few different EQ plugins; there was definitely one that caused
> Ardour to flake out.  I'm sure that a little Googling will turn up a reference;
> I'd look but I'm undercaffeinated at the moment!

I remember having this issue too, but only on systems with a slow CPU.

I wondered if the problem was that the plugin was doing some CPU intensive initialisaton that meant it didn't respond to jack for too long and therefore caused problems.  The problem seemed to occur at session load time rather than when the pligin was added to the project.

Regards,
Steve.