[Ardour-Users] IN-active tracks cause disk overruns?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Thu Feb 7 21:55:15 PST 2008

I played ~20 tracks of a song getting ready to record 8
simultaneous tracks of drums.  Since I only needed 4 tracks to do
the drum recording I figured I'd make it easy on my system and
deactivate the 16 unrequired tracks.  After I did that I couldn't
play even two beats of the song without getting a warning from
Ardour saying that my disk couldn't keep up.  When I reactivated
those tracks, then once again the disk kept up with Ardour.

This seems really backwards to me.  What am I not understanding?

FWIW, back with Ardour 0.99.3 deactivating tracks helped the disk
overrun problem.  Now I'm using Ardour 2.2.

Thanks....

--
Kevin