[Ardour-Users] [64studio-users] Linux has no future for multimedia

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Dec 16 20:33:04 PST 2008

Gustin I read your latest mail, I guess most answers are given, so I
won't reply, it's geting late, or better early :S ...

I just will reply to this and another mail, than I have to do some work.

Ichthyostega wrote:
> there are even some of them who built all this, made it happen out
> of nothing. Please consider what it means to those people if you now
> decide
> that Linux obviously has no future for multimedia ;-)

There is a chance to change things. The invalid package seems to be
fixed now by two new packages. As I've written, a lot of people had that
bug days before and it needs a flame war, to repair the package, because
nobody takes care about the other posts.

Hopefully it's possible to use their applications on MacOS or Windows or
someday on BSD. For Blender a lot of people are using Windows. Hopefully
something will change for Linux.

It's a shame, not because I speak it out, but because it might be like
that. I hope that I'm wrong.

Silence in the end can hurt more.