[Ardour-Users] building a new machine for Ardour

Michael Bechard gothmagog at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 08:37:23 PST 2008

Hm, yeah, about those BIOS updates...

I recently updated my BIOS in an effort to solve some monitor-recognition issues I am suffering.  I got the ISO, but the genius that put it together forgot to make it bootable. So I had to extract the contents and re-author it into a different ISO and boot that. Wasted a few CDs getting there in the process.

I don't know how many Intel motherboards have their BIOS updates on non-bootable ISOs. It could have been an isolated incident for me, but it's something to watch out for.

Michael Bechard