[Ardour-Users] building a new machine for Ardour

michael noble looplog at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 22:56:31 PST 2008

Hey all
Just wanted to add opinion to conjecture and say that those in the market
ought to seriously consider a mainboard from Intel's extreme range.  I built
a system with dual core (e6600) about a year and recently upgraded to a quad
core processor (q6600) with no problem.  Most of my audio setup involves
parallel processing streams so JackMP/Jack2 spreads the load
evenly across all cores.  The board has been the most trouble free piece of
computer hardware I've bought in the past 15 years and worked without fault.
 Intel usually has good linux support, and there bios updates come in the
form of a downloadable ISO, which sure beats having to dig up a dos floppy
or maintain a windows partition just to add some future processor support.

best

Michael N