[Ardour-Users] [ardour-users] how can I get ardour VST to detect my plugins?

wendallsan wendall_dogman at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 20:27:33 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I am a Linux convert who has recorded a few albums on Cakewalk /Sonar, and
am trying to find a substitute for it in the Linux world.  I have a large
collection of VST instruments and plugins that I'm trying to get use-able in
Ardour.  If this is possible, I'll be a very happy user.  I have installed
Ardour with VST support following the instructions here:

I have installed a couple VST instruments and am not finding them magically
appearing in my list of plugins in the Mixer Window in Ardour.  I see the
default LADSPA plugins that came with ardour (or from somewhere at least),
but no VST plugins/instruments.  I installed these to /usr/lib/vst and made
a symbolic link in my home directory as ~/vst.  What can I do to try to get
Ardour to import/recognize these plugins?