[Ardour-Users] jack sample rate

DA. Forsyth steampipe at iwr.ru.ac.za
Tue Apr 22 02:29:22 PDT 2008

On 21 Apr 2008 at 22:17, John Rigg murmured decisively:

> window does appear to work. Sample rates and clock source
> settings should not be changed in envy24control while jackd is
> running.

 indeed (-:

> If you set your Delta 1010LT initially to 44100 and Ardour then shows
> 48000 when it starts, it means that jackd was started with sample rate
> set to 48000. This will change the sample rate of the card to 48000.
> If you actually want to use 44100, jackd needs to be started with
> -r44100 option. It defaults to 48000 if -r is not specified.
> If jackd "gets confused" and exits, the problem is likely something
> else.

I use qjackctl for setting up jack.
but first I use envy24control to set up the hardware monitoring etc.

I set the sample rate I want in qjackctl, and start jack, but it always
reverts to 48000.

soon as I'm finished the book series i'm busy with I'll get into some
serious messing with jack and friends (-:  (book 4 of 5, shouldn't take
long)

--
David                       http://iwr.ru.ac.za/~iwdf/
Due to the electricity supplier being unable to meet demand