[Ardour-Users] Support for Linux VST and VSTi?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Apr 20 10:21:07 PDT 2008

Kacper Pluta wrote:
> Hi, I using FreeST and Vhost(with wine and wineasio) for VST and VSTi
> from Windows but I can't find a host for LINUX VST nad VSTi.(I only
> find a energyXT2 but is a commercial application). I know Ardour
> support VST and VSTi (I did not try). But I want  know; Ardour
> support  VST and VSTi FOR LINUX. Cheers
>

> P.S. If you can please tray this VSTi
> (http://www.speedshare.us/down.php?file=2322) and tell me work or not
> with Ardour.
>
> P.S.2 I using a 64STUDIO 2.1 rc1 and I mast tell its a great
> distribution.

I'm not sure if I understand you because I'm not a native English
speaker and I think you aren't a native speaker too. Are you looking for
VST FX and Instruments or are you looking for a Linux version of VST, so
that you can use VSTs with Ardour without Steinberg's VST and wineasio?
Do you wish to have a Linux VST instead Steinberg's VST?

At the moment I have problems with my hardware because I changed to a
new board with a new CPU but even if the problems are solved I don't
think that I can test it because I have no self compiled Ardour any more
and I think the 64studio 2.1rc1 version by default I have too won't
support VST. If it will, I will test it in some days or whenever I
solved my problems.

I'm sorry
Ralf