[Ardour-Users] jackd watchdog: timeout - killing jack

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Sep 27 14:38:24 PDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 27. September 2007 schrieb Droscy:
> Paul Davis ha scritto:
> > what audio interface? what settings in JACK?
> Audio interface: TASCAM US-122

That has my interest. Does it crash when playing or only when recording (and
playing)?

My tascam (my usb on the laptop to be specific) doesn't like writing to disk
when running a soundcard on usb. Reading from disk is fine, recording to
ram-disk is fine, writing, be it recording or simple copying of files,
crashes jack and the syslog show some strange usb-errors...

But on my big pc and on the old laptop it works just fine.

So check the dmesg and the syslog for errors when it crashes.

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---