[Ardour-Users] QJackCtl

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Wed Sep 19 01:38:40 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 09:22 +0000, John Emmas wrote:
> My copy of Ardour is set up so that it starts Jack automatically whenever
> I launch Ardour.  However, if I launch QJackCtl separately, Ardour
> subsequently fails to be able to start Jack.  This happens repeatably - even
> if I don't actually do anything with QJackCtl.  Simply launching it and
> closing it again is enough to initiate this problem.
>
> Somebody once told me about a file that I had to delete after launching
> QJackCtl - but I've forgotten what it was.  Can anyone remind me what
> the file was called?

qjackctl will create three files $HOME/.jackdrc (which contains the
command line that it will start jackd with based on the setup),
$HOME/.qt/qjackctlrc (which contains the UI configuration) and
$HOME/.qt/.qjackctlrc.lock which is locked in order to serialize access
to the qjackctlrc file if it is to be changed, these last two are
standard for all applications using the Qt application framework.

/J\