[Ardour-Users] Portable Sessions

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Sep 18 02:19:47 PDT 2007

Am Dienstag, 18. September 2007 schrieb Thomas Vecchione:
> The other problem I believe I see is when doing so the Jack ports for the
> interface change, and would need to be reconnected.  That is not as big a
> deal so long as the rest of the routing remain for me, but it would be nice
> to account for this in some way, just not sure what the best way is.

This depends on the jack-version you are using. Until 0.103.X (last stable
release) the names of the hardware depended on the driver. So with alsa its
alsa_pcm:capture_X and alsa_pcm:playback_X and on freebob its freebob_pcm:*
Ardour would still connect the master output to the first two hardware outputs
but other connections could get lost and ardour will tell you about missing
devices.

In Jack-svn the hardware-devices always have the same name (alias?) no matter
which driver (alsa, freebob, firewire). So it seems the devs already thought
about this and are changing it. :-)

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/