[Ardour-Users] Ardour segfaults when loading a previously fine session

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Fri Sep 14 07:03:06 PDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 09:26:35AM -0400, lanas wrote:
>   Ardour2 segfaults when loading a previously fine session that was
> reloaded quite a few times..  This is one of the most complex session
> I've made so far, with recorded regions starting here and there on a
> track so I do not figure out how I can retrieve the sounds and paste
> all that together.  Notwithstanding the time it'd take.

This sounds suspiciously like the error I ran into a couple of weeks ago.
My problem turned out to be the use of the CAPS EQ plugin in my session.
There's something about the version (0.3.0) I had on my system, which was
installed as part of the Planet CCRMA distributrion for FC5, that did not
play well with Ardour 2.0.5.  I removed the CAPS RPM from my system, then
got the latest version (0.4.2) of the plugins from the source site,
installed them, and my session loaded fine after that.

The CAPS source code is here:  http://quitte.de/dsp/caps.html

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com