[Ardour-Users] multichannel files and envelope lines

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Sep 14 06:50:20 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 01:26 -0400, Hector Centeno wrote:
> On 9/13/07, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 21:41 -0400, Hector Centeno wrote:
> >
> > > And finally, I was wondering what is the status of the bug that
> > > appeared in 2.0.5 regarding the envelope lines being invisible? Is it
> > > fixed in trunk?
> >
> > trunk is not the place to look for fixes to the 2.0-ongoing code. it has
> > been fixed, however, in branches/2.0-ongoing (and trunk too).
>
> Well, I just checked out ardour ongoing using:
> svn co http://subversion.ardour.org/svn/ardour2/branches/2.0-ongoing
>
> and after building I found that the envelopes are still missing...

this is a longstanding problem for us. the issue is fixed, but the fix
is "hidden" because your ~/.ardour2/ardour.colors file has incorrect
values. if you rename ~/.ardour2 (or remove it if you are sure it has
nothing of value), you will see the fix.

if anyone has any good ideas on how we can address fixes like this in
the future, please speak up.