[Ardour-Users] Ardour does not record: UPDATE

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Tue Sep 11 08:45:59 PDT 2007

UPDATE:

  By doing some further testing it turned out that Ardour can
record in the previously described setup only IF the main cursor is
not at the home position.  I did it several times and can confirm
this behaviour.  Here's how I do it.  Refer to the Ardour JACK
master /Seq24 setup of the previous msg.

 A1) I home Ardour's main cursor by click on the appropriate
     transport button at the top left.

 A2) I start recording.  Seq24 rolls.  Ardour records nothing.
     See previous msg.

 Then, to actually record succesfully:

 B1) I home the cursor.  I press play just long enough to hear
     2-3 bars of Seq24 and then I press stop.

 B2) I press record.  Seq24 rolls.  And Ardour records.

 System is Fedora Core 6 x86_64. Freshly installed from last week
and totally updated using 'yum update' using livna and CCRMA.

Cheers,

Al