[Ardour-Users] [ SOLVED ] Re: ardour2 as root only?

Sun Sep 9 17:17:27 PDT 2007

L.S.,

The problem is solved.

Problem: Ardour2 does not want to start using my user-account, as root
it does.

Solution: It turned out to be that Ardour2 accesses ~/.gtk-bookmarks and
that file contained SMB://some-host/some-file which is not on my network
anymore. Removing the SMB entry, Ardour2 wants to start. It probably
times out, but that takes at least couple of minutes. I was hinted at
this problem when I did a 'strace ardour2' and saw a file being accessed
which I deleted long time ago. A grep through my home-directory revealed
the bookmark file.

Best Regards,

Rob de Graaf