[Ardour-Users] Is there a way to move tracks/buses around?

peter schmitt proyschmitt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 09:28:36 PDT 2007

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-09-01 at 11:32 -0500, peter schmitt wrote:
>
>> I have one more question, if it's not too much trouble..
>> Is it possible for the user to rearrange the tracks/buses in the
>> editor/mixer windows so that they're grouped more logically?
>>

> a) go to the tracks/busses tab on the RHS of the editor (LHS of the
> mixer; sigh). click on the track name, drag to reorder.

Aha! I knew there had to be a way!
It's probably in the manual.. and I just didn't see it.
Thank you!
> b) mixer & editor window ordering is 100% independent of the other

Excellent!
I don't know *why* at the moment, but I know for sure that situations
will arise where that's a Very Good Thing(tm).
Perhaps a preference option to sync or not?
> c) one day, someone will cook up the code to do drag-reordering in
> place, but i wouldn't wait up for it :)

Eye candy is nice, but that would open up a whole unnecessary can of
worms, bug wise.

>> I import
>> whole batches of files at once, and that would aid my workflow immeasurably.
>> Also, a neat feature (reaper does this) would be the autonaming of the
>> tracks on import to (even truncated would help) the filenames used so
>>

> already done in the svn version (branches/2.0-ongoing)

Cool.
Going there now :)

Thanks!

Pete.