[Ardour-Users] Compiling FST issues...

Geoff Beasley songshop at bizmedia.com.au
Sun Oct 28 00:32:31 PDT 2007

On Sunday 28 October 2007 18:26:52 Juan Javier Martínez wrote:
minated because of errors

> One thing: I didn´t apt-get source ardour, but downloaded
> ardour-2.1.tar.bz2directly from the  Ardour web instead. Don´t know if
> that has got something
> to do.

i'm a gentoo crazed penguin lover so Debian is a bit foreign to me but i would
think if you want ardour2 c/w vst you'll have to build it yourself.

try putting the vstsdk.zip into /ardour2/libs/fst then
from the ardour folder run scons with :
scons -j2 VST=1 ( and whatever else you may want: do scons --help to see the
options)

if there are any missing dependancies scons will fail; simply install those
using apt-get as you need them and you should be fine.

hth,

g.