[Ardour-Users] Compiling FST issues...

Juan Javier Martínez juanjavier.martinez at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 00:26:52 PDT 2007

2007/10/26, Droscy <droscy85 at yahoo.it>:

> Juan Javier Martínez ha scritto:
> > So help kindly appreciated.
> Hi, I think you are using Debian: if you are planning to compile
> Ardour2+vst it's better to download the source code from debian source
> repository.
>
> In your /etc/apt/sources.lst write "unstable" in lines starting with
> *deb-src* than execute "apt-get update". Now you can go to your
> ~/tmp/audio/ and execute "apt-get source ardour". Well, save zipped
> vst_sdk in ~/tmp/ardour-2.1/libs/fst and edit
> ~/tmp/ardour-2.1/SConstruct at line 47 putting 1 instead of 0.
>
> Now you can execute (from ~/tmp/ardour-2.1) "debuild binary".
>
> These are the packages that you need:
> scons
> dh-buildinfo
> libsigc++-2.0-dev liblrdf0-dev (>= 0.3.1-4)
> libgtkmm-2.4-dev
> libgnomecanvasmm-2.6-dev
> libglademm-2.4-dev
> libboost-dev
> libsoundtouch1-dev
> liblo0-dev
> libcairomm-1.0-dev (>= 1.2.4)
> libwine-dev
>
> If more library are required the debuild-command will show them to you.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Juanjavier.
> >
> Bye
> Droscy

----It begins to compile ok, but suddenly I get the following:

scons: **** Source 'vst/ardour_vst.exe.so' not found, needed by target
'/usr/local/lib/ardour2/ardour_vst.exe.so'. Stop.
scons: building terminated because of errors

One thing: I didn´t apt-get source ardour, but downloaded
ardour-2.1.tar.bz2directly from the  Ardour web instead. Don´t know if
that has got something
to do.

I will try to add "deb-src" lines to the /etc/apt/sources.list file and then
try to apt-get source. Then I will retry the compilation and see what
happens. I will keep you informed.

Thank you so much,
Juanjavier.