[Ardour-Users] disk not able to keep up with ardour...

Martin Lynch martin.lynch at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 25 13:44:28 PDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 25. Oktober 2007 schrieb sara lidgey:

> > OK.  I'm down to 17 active tracks and the error still happens constantly.
> > Is there something we're missing?  Are the tracks really deactivated?...  I
> > think something is wrong with this session. I have another 3 minute, 96kHz
> > session with 63 active tracks that plays through without errors.

I have the feeling that ardour (at least in 0.99.X that I am using) still
streams the tracks unless the regions are muted (even though the channel is
already muted and inactive).

Maybe that is happening here too. Try muting the regions that are not
played...

Arnold
I had the exact same problem with Ardour 0.99, and I was only using 4
tracks on a RAID 0 array comprised of 2 Seagate SATA 320GB drives at
7200 RPM with Ardour running on a 3 drive! Drove me absolutely nuts, as
the error message couldn't possibly have been true. The problem went
away once I upgraded to Ardour 2.0...