[Ardour-Users] disk not able to keep up with ardour...

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Thu Oct 25 08:29:11 PDT 2007

John asked and Sara said:

> >What's the sample rate? If it's 92kHz there's no chance of a single
> >disk keeping up with 64 tracks. At 48kHz it should be just about
> >possible.
>
> I forgot to mention that.  The sample rate is 96kHz

So the problem is seek times because the 23 MB/sec of a 96 khz/64 mono track
session don't live linearly on the disk but rather as a sequence of complete
files?

I wonder how Sara's (existing) session could be made to work (with other means
than raid), given that at some point all 64 tracks are supposed to play ok.
Would it be possible to interleave 64 soundfiles on the disk in order to
linearize disk access?

SuperSampo, go low-level one more time and save another session!