[Ardour-Users] OT - plugin to remove buzz from harp note

BJS brad at eccwireless.com
Thu Oct 25 07:32:10 PDT 2007

Iwan Heskamp wrote:
>> Maybe spectral editing ??
>>
>> Is there a spectral editing tool for linux ??
>>

> I think spectral editing is the way to go. If it's 20~30 times
> per song it should be doable to erase the buzz in the frequency
> domain. I have actually seen a colleague of mine do that with
> a recording he made of an orchestra with some not-quite-professional
> people: he actually moved the wrong notes to the right place.
> I believe he used Samplitude Pro (windows) for that.
>
> I have been looking for spectral editing tools for Linux and Mac OS
> X (as that is what I'm using myself) and I found these:
> Clam   http://clam.iua.upf.edu/
> LAoE   http://www.oli4.ch/laoe/
> Ceres3 http://www.music.columbia.edu/~stanko/About_Ceres3.html
> I didn't test any of those...
>
> There's also a list of soundfile editors at
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7274
>
> Use the google, Luke!
>
> regards,
>   Iwan

Thanks to all that have replied. This is a great group! When I did the
recording I used an Audio Technica 4050 mic and it's placement in
proximity to the harp (about 18 " from the sound box) was the same
placement I used for the classical guitar. The guitar sounded beautiful.
I think the problem with the harp, a 36 string Thromahlen, is playing
technique as the buzzes happen every performance. Harp's, or at least
this one, are a challenge to record. Now I'm going to try my hand at
spectral editing.....

Thanks, Brad.