[Ardour-Users] Edit end

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Oct 9 04:00:04 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 09:18 +0200, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Atte André Jensen wrote:
>
> > The first one (http://atte.dk/download/ardour1.png) is different:
>
> Forgot to mention one thing in this screen shot: something seems to be
> stopping around 20:28:06 hours, marked by the largest red "circle". Up
> to this point there is "something" "on" the tracks, and from here-on the
> tracks are all blank. What is that "something"? It's not audio. Can this
> "something" be deleted from 3:44 minutes up to this point in some way? I
> tried to click-drag over it to select it, but that seemed not to be
> possible...

that "something" is the track "base". its just a colored rectangle, it
has no "semantics", its not selectable and it extends as far as it can
given a few limits. one of the limits is that when using a 32 bit
sample/frame counter, you can't get beyond about 24 hours at 48kHz.
however, this doesn't entirely explain the situation you've. captured
there, since it stops 4 hours early. so there is still something wrong,
but i am no sure what.