[Ardour-Users] NOT edit groups, general instability

Steven Chamberlain steven at pyro.eu.org
Mon Oct 8 12:38:09 PDT 2007

Michael Dunn wrote:
> I still don't know how to
> simultaneously edit (e.g., selecting and operating on a range) more
> than one track at a time.  Surely there's a way...?

Can you not do what you want by selecting multiple tracks?  Either drag
a box around them, or hold Ctrl (or is it Shift, I don't remember?)
whilst you select additional tracks.  Then, your edits are usually
applied to all of the selected tracks.  For example, if you select
several tracks, then place the mouse cursor over one of the tracks and
press 'S', I believe it should split all of the selected tracks at that
point.

> And, I've frequently encountered general crazy behaviour

Try and be more specific if you can, you often have to explain
step-by-step what you did, and what went wrong.  Otherwise the
developers won't know what your problem is.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven at pyro.eu.org