[Ardour-Users] testing OS X native versions (Paul Davis)

Joshua Parmenter josh at realizedsound.net
Thu Oct 4 10:12:45 PDT 2007

Thanks Paul, I was getting it confused with the earlier 2.1 OS X
Native release. Still more then happy to test it out though (but I
like being able to use the independent JACK!).

Best,

Josh

On Oct 4, 2007, at 9:59 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 08:06 -0700, Joshua Parmenter wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> First of all... this is all amazing! Thanks for yours and everyone
>> elses work on this!
>>
>> There were a couple things I noticed. This are at the inconvenience
>> level though:
>>
>> 1) Jack configuration is a little dodgy: I can't change number of
>> inputs or output. Also, will it work with the Jack I have on my
>> computer? or qjackctl? If not, will I be able to route sound in or
>> out from other apps?
>
> This "AllInOne" package will not be the only (or even the
> preferred) way
> to get Ardour for OS X. I'm just testing it at present, mostly with a
> view to what SAE wants for the moment. This version will not interact
> with other instances of JACK, and other apps cannot interact with it
> either. That will not be true when I release a package without a
> bundled
> JACK.
>
>> 2) the apple-` keystroke that usually lets you cycle through windows
>> doesn't seem to work.
>
> Ardour steals that accelerator.
>
>>  apple-M does let me switch to the Mixer, but I
>> can't get back to the editor without a mouse click.
>
> lots of stuff to do with accelerator/shortcut keys are pretty severely
> broken right now. i'm at work fixing them as i write (but its pretty
> deep inside gtk/osx, so its not trivial.
>
>> Other then that, a pretty complex project I have been working on
>> opens just fine. Looks great, and seems more responsive! Thanks!
>
> thanks for the feedback.

/* Joshua D. Parmenter
http://www.realizedsound.net/josh/

“Every composer – at all times and in all cases – gives his own
interpretation of how modern society is structured: whether actively
or passively, consciously or unconsciously, he makes choices in this
regard. He may be conservative or he may subject himself to continual
renewal; or he may strive for a revolutionary, historical or social
palingenesis." - Luigi Nono
*/